The Classe Story
Classé is Canada’s leading maker of high-performance music and theater components. Since building their first amplifier in 1980, passion and dedication have inspired the research that yields their outstanding no-compromise electronics.
In 2018 Classé was acquired by Sound United LLC, who also own such companies as Denon®, Marantz®, and HEOS®. The acquisition gives Classé access to technology and manufacturing assets unavailable to other high-end electronics brands.
Classé electronics are designed for music and movie lovers who appreciate beauty and elegance. Their performance goals can be summed up in a single word: fidelity. They strive for simplicity of operation and a refined appearance for all their components.
Classé manufacturing employs both automatic and manual assembly procedures. Quality is maintained by choosing the best process for each operation, followed by inspection and testing stages. Premium quality parts, in some cases made specifically for Classé, enhance both the performance and reliability of their components.
- Surround Sound Processors
- Custom Theater
- ICTunnel™ (Intelligent Cooling Tunnel – pronounced Icy Tunnel), a sensor- and microprocessor-controlled technology inspired by the heatsinks that are found in high-power laser and medical equipment. Mounted inside the unit, the ICTunnel™ actively regulates the amplifier temperature to ensure both optimum performance and reliability.
- Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) with Power Factor Correction (PFC) each operate at over 90% efficiency, yielding impressive benefits for power delivery.
- Dedicated linear power supply.
- Low-noise toroidal transformer.
- Audio circuits are isolated from video and control circuits by optocouplers and low voltage differential signal (LVDS) pathways.
- Digital and analog circuits and grounds are isolated & balanced.
- Single 6 layer PC board creates a complete signal path, meaning audio never leaves the board.