The Classe Story
Part of the Equity Group (Bowers & Wilkins, Rotel), Classe was founded in 1982 in Montreal, Canada which is still the location for HQs. Classe’s processors and amps provide the power behind Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
- Surround Sound Processors
- Custom Theater
- ICTunnel™ (Intelligent Cooling Tunnel – pronounced Icy Tunnel), a sensor- and microprocessor-controlled technology inspired by the heatsinks that are found in high-power laser and medical equipment. Mounted inside the unit, the ICTunnel™ actively regulates the amplifier temperature to ensure both optimum performance and reliability.
- Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) with Power Factor Correction (PFC) each operate at over 90% efficiency, yielding impressive benefits for power delivery.
- Dedicated linear power supply.
- Low-noise toroidal transformer.
- Audio circuits are isolated from video and control circuits by optocouplers and low voltage differential signal (LVDS) pathways.
- Digital and analog circuits and grounds are isolated & balanced.
- Single 6 layer PC board creates a complete signal path, meaning audio never leaves the board.